Sunday, February 20, 2011

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day 2009 was the second date my husband and I went on. He took me to Tucanos Brazilian Grill. There was a long wait for seating, so we ended up walking around Borders discussing books, checking out the nearby chocolate store, and bowling. Finally, we enjoyed a nice meal together. We both had a nice time, but didn't yet know it was love. Six short months after our second date, we were married.

Life has changed significantly since that date. Aaron stays very busy with school, and I've been super busy teaching my first year of 5th grade. It sometimes seems hard to slow down and find the time to really communicate. Aaron and I make an effort to go on a date at least once a week, even if that date means collapsing on the couch and talking nothing of work or school. This Valentine's Day we went on a special date. We walked around Borders talking about the books we looked at 2 years ago, and then we enjoyed a nice dinner together at Tucanos. I am so grateful for my husband and all he does to make our lives better. This Valentine's Day was one of the best because I spent it with my best friend and husband.


Valentine's Day 2011

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a fun Valentine's date. We love Tucanos too!

    ReplyDelete